Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Mad Men (TV Series)

A drama about one of New York's most prestigious ad agencies at the beginning of the 1960s, focusing on one of the firm's most mysterious but extremely talented ad executives, Donald Draper.

Creator:
Matthew Weiner
Stars:
Jon Hamm, Elisabeth Moss and Vincent Kartheise

My THOTS
I have watched 4 Seasons of this show and frankly its really out of the ordinary.
I can hardly find any of my friends who watches this show (My Friends, you know yourselves). I started watching after the Show got several Nominations at last years Emmy awards. This time around they got 19 Emmy nominations!!!!!! For any real TV enthusiast, isn't that ENOUGH reason for try and find out what the show is about???? I started picking the Series I watched based on the nominations for awards. Emmy, Golden Globe (GG) are the best places to start searching for decent stuff. There are so many WACK TV series out there, how do you know which to follow??? These Emmy and GG guys should know what they are doing right??

Well i just hope i can find more people outside my household that watch good TV. If you aren't one of them, you better get with the program. You can get Seasons 1-4 on DVD. If or when you start watching MadMen, try to power through the 1st couple of Episodes.WHY??????? The show is set in the 1960's so you have to adjust your frame of mind. It's not 24, Grey's Anatomy,True Blood,Prison Break or what Series do you guys what these days anyway?? its more of a real reflection of how things were in 1960's New York. Try it, once you get the storyline, i'm sure many of you will love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment